Blog Archive

Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

A work in progress

In search of a perfect blazer...
not in stores but in my head. Today I made an almost perfect fitting one, based on an old blazer with a good fit, and a design that came to me in a dream.

The idea is comfort and utility--so I'm using a knit fabric and redefining the idea of pockets.  They will no longer be for show--they will actually be useful!

INDI Apparel headquarters...
The new collection is going to have blazers, jackets and pants-- I want to really focus on my pattern-making and getting great fits.  That's what most of us complain about--that clothes don't fit correctly, that we are too long, too wide, too narrow, too short, etc, etc!  Clothes should mold to fit us, not the other way around.

The simple idea of skinny jeans makes me laugh...me with my full hips and well-defined calves trying to fit into a straight cylinder that barely stretches and shows half of my ass when I sit down while cutting off my circulation at the legs...
yeah... 

NOT fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment