Blog Archive

Translate

Friday, January 25, 2013

busy little bee


Model: Laura Dinardo
Clothing: INDI apparel / Diana Lopez
Hair: Erin Powers/ Whitney Siudzinski
Makeup: Starla Cocio
Assisstants: Stephanie Epperson/ Joe Brown/ Randy Ashley




I've been so excited about life lately that I've been waking up before my alarm clock every morning.  Whereas that used to be a sign of stress a few months back, now it's an inspiring start that triggers my imagination every day.  I find myself working with a strong sense of alacrity and just plain happiness.

I think I've found my rhythm.


I also haven't had an abundance of time on my hands and have been slacking on my blog entries...but i take this as a good sign rather than a bad one.

Plans for Japan are in full swing--the allure of this place is indescribable.  I have a date in mind and a game plan...after the GRE I'm hitting the books again but for Japanese lessons so I can be at least mildly oriented with the language.

I'm holding my drinking in abeyance for the sake of my health and wallet.  That being said, I went out for a beer with Panda last night.  I was sitting there listening to her talk about her musings and then listening to myself talk about mine and I realized how far we've come in the past 2 years.  Our friendship has been such a buttress for me since I moved back to the States...we've championed each other  through successes and failures and it makes me so happy to see how we've both grown and achieved so much.

Studying is moving along smoothly although the vocabulary is starting to wear me out. My sessions with Mike help immensely BUT I feel like half the time these words are not sticking.  I met a really nice Colombian girl at a coffee shop last night while studying--we were both struggling through the same book as we sat there with our warm drinks.  We bitched about the test and finally resolved to go out dancing this weekend!  That's the great thing about Tucson, the people you are fortunate enough to stumble upon : )



Last week I got a lot of hiking in thanks to my friend Julio's visit to Tucson. We had a beautiful hike through the snow on Mount Lemmon where we found absolute peace and silence.  Another Tucson thing i'm very grateful for...the stunning mountains : )










No comments:

Post a Comment