Blog Archive

Translate

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Learning, teaching, learning...

Mountain biking in the morning--it's a great way to start the day!  I did beat myself up quite a bit during the ride but that was because I kept hitting my own bike with my legs. I'm full of bruises but I take those as battle wounds which give me the same feeling as soreness in my muscles--the feeling of accomplishment, of truly working out my body to its fullest potential.

Now I just need to get myself a bike.







Teaching is rewarding. I'ver heard a lot of people say this and it sounds so cliche, but it's so true. Every time I teach a Spanish class I feel like I'm learning so much myself.

I'm learning how to communicate more and more every time I teach a new word to a student.  And then there's the satisfaction of knowing that person has grown because of that joint effort.

I leave class in an incredible mood each time. It's so uplifting to be in a classroom full of motivated adults wanting to know more, wanting to expand their horizons and wanting to communicate with people from other cultures.

Yesterday I had my new beginning Spanish class : )







Had my first successful study session for the GRE yesterday.  I say this because it's the first time I feel like I learned a good amount of vocabulary words and they are actually sticking and not just disintegrating as soon as I move on to the next flashcard.  Studied with Mike which was good because we could drill each other and make up ridiculous stories for the words we didn't know so as to remember them.

This is one example--it's an inside joke but I'll post it anyways : )






No comments:

Post a Comment